“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing”

Friday, January 13, 2012

Doctors, got to love em

You just got to love Doctors.  No wonder they have so much money.


I had went to the doctor last week for just a regular check up and of course paid my 35.00 co-pay, waited about 45 minutes for someone to actually acknowledge that I was there and once they finally did he gave me about 2 minutes of his time and then shipped me off to get blood drawn.  So he got my 35.00 plus whatever the insurance company pays them for a 2 minute job, really???   Oh and it doesn't stop there, they then proceeded to call me yesterday to tell me my lab work is back and the doctor would like for me to come in to discuss my results.  So when you hear that, you think oh great something is wrong.  Ok so off I go, I drop the boys off at school and rush to the doctors office.  I get there and of course I have to pay my 35.00 co-pay AGAIN.  I sit and sit and finally get called back.  The nurse weighs me and takes my blood pressure, however I really don't think in a week that would have changed to much so I don't get the point  and then I go and sit and wait some more.  The doctor finally comes in and has my blood work.  He proceeds to tell me that all my blood work looks pretty good, that there are only a few areas that are a little low but nothing to worry about and he sends me on my way.  REALLY, I paid 35.00 for that and that's not counting what the insurance will give them.  Seriously, doctors, us "normal people" do not have the time or money to spend a couple minutes in your office to find out that we are totally healthy. I just spent 70.00 in two weeks for that!!  That money could have been used in a much more efficient way!!  What a waste of my time and money , when that is something they could have told me on the phone. 


Now I am certain that I am not the only one who has experienced this and don't get me wrong I'm happy to know I'm not falling apart just yet, but most of us work really hard for our money and we certainly don't want to give it up that easily. So if any of you are doctors out there please consider giving us "normal" people a break and spare us all a little time and money.


Thanks for listening to me vent about doctors today , I have several horrible stories concerning Doctors however I will spare you all of that for today.  However , one last tip before I go that is totally off the subject and to all of you "smarter" people out there just don't read this.  When you run out of dishwasher tablets for your dishwasher, never try and substitute it with dish washing liquid, trust me this is NOT a smart move.  Oh yes and darling, honey, sweetie if you are reading this, yes I did flood the kitchen, but look on the bright side, I have been saying for a couple weeks I need to mop the floor :).  See God always has a plan.  lol

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that going back was for nothing other then aggravation. Thanks for the tip about dish washing tablets, you know I would've tried it...it did make me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete