“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing”

Monday, January 9, 2012

Writing it down

I decided that all of the crazy , stupid, silly, unbelievable or boring things that happen in my life should be wrote down to share with others so I can bore them as well, besides my 12 year old has a blog why can't I.




So let me start by saying that everyday I wake up and say WOW there has to be more to life than this. I love being a Mom. I, like most Mom's, truly believe I have the best boys in the world, however sometimes you just want to float away into some magical world and pretend that everything in life is perfect and wonderful. In my magical world there would be no job, no school, no need for money, no cooking or cleaning, no heart ache or sickness , no worries and sometimes NO MEN :) I would never have to say things like, "Don't forget to wash your hands" , "make sure to brush ALL of your teeth", "stop aggravating your brother", "get in the shower", "time to get up for school", just to name a few. I should just record these and play them anytime I need them. In this so called magical world of mine, I would not have to worry about making sure the boys get to school on time, that I am able to pick them up that day, or how will I get them home from basketball practice, will I be able to go to their games or will I have to work and the most important one, are they being the Godly example I have always tried to teach them to be. In my magical world, since I don't need money I could just fly home to KY and visit my brothers or my best friend anytime I want and they all would be healthy and happy.




Of course in this magical world there would be no death, no sorrow, no sickness, no marital problems but lets face it none of us would be the people we are today if we didn't go through some of these things. God gives us trials so we can grow closer to him and make us stronger, certainly doesn't make any of those trials easier but sure helps to know he is there. So we all know my magical world does not exist and honestly I'm not sure I would really want it to. Although sometimes I look at all the things I repeat to my boys over and over again , or just the everyday stress involved in raising boys , I know that when they are finally all grown up and on their own I will miss it and wish I had them home to make sure they brush their teeth or take a shower or all those other things that I say that makes me crazy everyday.


So at this point in my life I am just going to realize that this is it for me right now and honestly I'm ok with that, but once the boys are in bed and the husband is asleep and all the chores are done for the day, just maybe I will sit in the quietness of the night ,close my eyes and go to that magical place and show myself there is more and I know I will finally get there someday because this magical place I describe sounds exactly like the place God promises us if we believe, HEAVEN!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your every day world, and the world we can all dream of. You are an inspiration to any parent who wonders how they can get through life's obstacles. It may not be perfect, but it's not broken, by any means. You have two awesome boys who love you so much, and that's more than most can say. When I read your updates online, I'm more impressed by how you keep it together than words can say. You're not just a mama, you're THE MAMA, and you are loved by so many, including me. Love, Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are one of the sweetest people I know!! Thanks so much for your kind words and for choosing to follow my "boring" life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging, my friend...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to see you in this media, being your beautiful, creative self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janet, giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete